Club Penguin players were angered this week when the April Fool’s Party failed to return for the 3rd year in a row. This party, as the name suggests, would take place on April Fool’s Day, April 1st every year – every year from 2006 to 2012. This purely comical party would feature several entertaining rooms, where players could participate in a range of different activities. The first two April Fool’s Parties are described below.
- This is a year in which Club Penguin was not owned by Disney.
- This was the first April Fool’s Party, and only took place on April 1st.
- The Red Propeller Cap could be obtained by players.
- The party included a special login screen on Club Penguin, and several decorated rooms.
- The party lasted from March 30th to April 2nd.
- The Funny-Face Glasses and the Blue Propeller Cap could be obtained by players.
- Club Penguin was covered with boxes, in every room.
- The box portal made its debut at this party, and led penguins to the Zany Dimension.
So, why hasn’t the April Fool’s Party returned since 2012? Generally, the feedback regarding this party has been positive and, although I hadn’t joined Club Penguin when these parties were hosted, they looked quite fun! Spike Hike cited ‘lack of interest’, due to low numbers of logins. I really do feel though that this party could, in a time when April Fool’s Day has expanded beyond its traditions, that this party could prove to be a success if it were reintroduced to the island! Besides, what could go wrong? The party does not require too much detailed attention, and would improve the number of visitors to the Club Penguin Island when other parties are not being hosted.
I intended this post to be a discussion point for those penguins who attended the parties, so please do leave a comment featuring your opinion! The best comments will be featured in a new post tomorrow. If enough positive comments are submitted, I plan to also submit this post to Spike Hike, in hope of reintroducing the party next year.